West Edmonton Wellness offers a variety of treatment solutions to help anyone who has sustained injuries in the workplace, motor vehicle accidents or in need of inherited health challenges.
Conveniently Located at: 6727 177 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5T 4K3
Shockwave Therapy Edmonton
West Edmonton Wellness offers Shockwave therapy for back and body. Shockwave therapy is a non-invasive treatment that has gained popularity for its effectiveness in relieving pain, promoting healing, and restoring functionality. In this article, we will explore the principles of shockwave therapy, its applications, benefits, and how it can help you find relief from back and body pain.
What is Shockwave Therapy?
Shockwave therapy, also known as Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT), is a medical treatment that utilizes high-energy sound waves to stimulate the body's natural healing processes. These sound waves are delivered to the affected area through a specialized device, creating a series of acoustic pulses that penetrate deep into the tissues.
Shockwave Therapy Techniques
Acupuncture treatments may involve various techniques, including:
Shockwave therapy is based on several key principles:
- Mechanical stimulation: The acoustic pulses generated during shockwave therapy mechanically stimulate the tissues, creating microtrauma at the cellular level. This stimulation triggers a cascade of healing responses, including increased blood flow, tissue regeneration, and the release of growth factors.
- Pain modulation: Shockwave therapy helps modulate pain by stimulating nerve fibers and reducing the transmission of pain signals to the brain. It can effectively target and alleviate both acute and chronic pain conditions.
- Tissue remodeling: The controlled microtrauma induced by shockwave therapy promotes the remodeling and regeneration of damaged tissues. It can break down scar tissue, improve collagen production, and enhance the overall healing process.
Applications of Shockwave Therapy for Back and Body:
Shockwave therapy has shown promising results in treating various conditions affecting the back and body, including:
- Back pain: Shockwave therapy can effectively address both acute and chronic back pain, including conditions such as herniated discs, sciatica, muscle strains, and degenerative disc disease. It helps reduce inflammation, relieve muscle tension, and promote tissue healing.
- Tendinopathies: Shockwave therapy is widely used for the treatment of tendinopathies, such as Achilles tendonitis, tennis elbow (lateral epicondylitis), golfer's elbow (medial epicondylitis), and rotator cuff tendinitis. It stimulates the healing process, promotes collagen synthesis, and improves tendon strength.
- Plantar fasciitis: Shockwave therapy has proven to be highly effective in treating plantar fasciitis, a common condition causing heel pain. By targeting the plantar fascia tissue, shockwave therapy reduces pain, stimulates tissue regeneration, and improves foot function.
- Musculoskeletal injuries: Shockwave therapy can be beneficial for various musculoskeletal injuries, including ligament sprains, muscle strains, and stress fractures. It accelerates the healing process, reduces pain, and improves mobility.
I Believe The Greatest Gift You Can Give Yourself & Your Family Is A Healthy You..
Dr Rodel Sicat
Benefits of Shockwave Therapy for Back and Body:
Shockwave therapy offers numerous benefits for individuals seeking non-invasive and drug-free solutions for their back and body pain. Some of the key benefits include:
- Non-invasive treatment: Shockwave therapy is a non-surgical, non-invasive treatment option that does not require anesthesia or medication. It provides a safe and effective alternative to more invasive procedures, such as surgery.
- Pain relief: Shockwave therapy targets the source of pain and helps alleviate discomfort by reducing inflammation, releasing muscle tension, and modulating pain signals. It offers significant pain relief for both acute and chronic conditions.
- Faster healing and tissue regeneration: By stimulating the body's natural healing processes, shockwave therapy accelerates tissue regeneration, improves blood circulation, and promotes the formation of new blood vessels. This leads to faster healing and tissue repair.
- Improved functionality and mobility: Shockwave therapy not only reduces pain but