Discovering and Treating the Causes of Pain - At Callingwood Chiropractic, Dr. Rodel Sicat is proud to utilize state-of-the-art technology and treatment techniques combined with time- and patient-proven practices that work in tandem to locate and treat pain conditions so that the best healing and preventive therapies can be applied.
In addition to the neurological and orthopedic deductions your doctor can make performing a physical exam and discussing with you your health and physical history, he may suggest taking a diagnostic image, such as an X-ray, to help pinpoint the problem and provide guidelines for the most effective treatments. We treat each patient as an individual and perform the appropriate tests and assessments only when warranted. Dr. Rodel Sicat at Callingwood Chiropractic is experienced and licensed in interpreting diagnostic and other lab results, so you are welcome to provide for his review any tests your MD may have prescribed. We have a respected history of working with our patients' medical doctors and physical therapists as part of their complete and comprehensive care, and will be happy to establish a relationship with your attending physician, specialist, physical therapist, dentist or other healthcare professional involved in your treatment.
Healing and Pain Management Therapies - In order for healing and pain treatments to be most effective, Dr. Sicat will first determine the most likely cause of pain and suggest the appropriate course of treatment.
Most people familiar with Chiropractic have some knowledge around the practices of spinal manipulation, but modern and complete Chiropractic care involves so much more. Recent pioneering treatments make Chiropractic therapy more beneficial than ever in both relieving and preventing pain. At Callingwood Chiropractic, our experienced doctors and staff are proud to provide the latest proven treatment therapy options to help restore your health and keep you active.
- Spinal Adjustment: Proper Chiropractic manipulation quickly performs a series of functions:
- Inhibits the nerves' pain pathways and increases healthy impulse transmission
- Reduces muscle tension and inflammation
- Arrests muscular spasm
- Promotes healing circulation to tight, constricted muscles and other soft tissues; aids in flushing trapped pain chemicals
- Helps restore body balance and coordination
- Improves mobility and increases range of motion
- Enhances peak performance
- Treating existing illnesses and injuries.
- Preventing both recurrence of illnesses and new illness.
- Improving overall health.
- History: Acupuncture originated in China over 3,000 years ago. It is part of the holistic system of healing known as Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Other common sense practices will greatly minimize the pain and damage caused by certain injuries and pain syndromes, such as rest, ice and/or heat therapy, compression or supportive devices, and elevation of inflamed soft tissues.
By being an active part in your healthcare, you can help treat and prevent spinal degeneration or deformity, protect your spine and joints, improve your posture, resist injury and enjoy greater flexibility, strength and balance throughout your lifetime.